RV Friendly Town™ Scheme
The 'RV Friendly Town™ scheme is an initiative of the CMCA that promotes RV tourism related services across Australia. By promoting the partnership between the RV tourist and small towns, we encourage expansion of tourism related infrastructure and services and promote the economic advantage to small towns of providing RV tourist specific amenities.
Put in basic terms, an RV Friendly Town™ is one that happily provides amenities and services for the mobile traveller.
Essential criteria for a town to qualify as RV Friendly:
- Provision of appropriate parking within the town centre, incuding access to a general shopping area with groceries or fresh produce.
- Provision of short term (24/48 hour) parking for self-contained vehicles within the town precinct.
- Access to potable water.
- Access to a free dump point within the town precinct.
Desirable criteria for a town to qualify as RV Friendly:
- Provision of long term parking for self-contained vehicles.
- Access to medical facilities or an applicable evacuation plan
- Access to a pharmacy or a procedure to obtain pharmaceutical products.
- Visitor Information Centre (VIC) with appropriate parking facilities within a reasonable distance.
- VIC to provide a town map showing essential facilities such as hospital, medical services, fuel, shopping area, dump point, fresh water, etc.
- RV Friendly Town™ signs to be erected within the town precinct.
The RV Friendly Destination™ category caters for small towns with an area such as an oval, reserve or rest area. RV Destinations™ also includes businesses such as wineries, cheese factories, specialist farms, hotels, homesteads or country pubs that are friendly towards all mobile travellers. The destination will have an area for overnight or longer stays for travellers in recreational vehicles.
To find out how to apply for RV Friendly Town™ or RV Friendly Destination™ status, please contact the CMCA on 02 49788788 or email@example.com.